Over the past 20 years, Rick Barrera has worked with over a thousand companies who have learned to shape their own success by being proactive in spite of a radically changing environment. In addition to his marketing degree, Rick will bring you the latest research, real life examples from his most recent consulting interventions and 20 years of professional speaking experience.
Prior to his speaking career, Rick had an exceptional selling career. His experience includes retail and business-to-business sales. Based on his experience in sales and as a sales trainer, Rick coauthored two business-best sellers, Non-Manipulative Selling, which has since grown into the dynamic sales training philosophy, Collaborative Selling, published by John Wiley and Son. He also wrote The Dollars and Sense of Exceptional Service Delivery. Rick has recently finished his fourth book, Overpromise and Overdeliver, which explains why it is so critical to develop a radically differentiated brand promise and why alignment of your Product, Systems and Human TouchPoints is essential to rapid brand building.
Rick discovered that client’s strategies were often fundamentally flawed causing good people and good companies to obtain “less than optimal results.” In response, he developed “Fast Forward” to help them understand how their marketplace was being changed by customers, competitors and technology. He then developed “Warp Speed” to show them how to change their business models to compete and win at the speed of light.
In 1996, Rick contributed to the motivational Olympic anthology on peak performance, The Winning Spirit: Achieving Olympic Level Performance in Business and Personal Advancements.
Rick Barrera’s programs address the future, strategy, innovation and change and how they intersect with new technologies. He addresses the ways that businesses must be reinvented to meet the demands of today’s never satisfied customer. Clients are consistently surprised by the amount of research and client information he incorporates into every presentation. You'll find that your participants are more interested and more interactive during his programs because of his ability to address their specific issues. Rick also speaks on the subject of Overpromise and Overdeliver to the delight of audiences.
While Rick’s client list includes many of the Fortune 500, he consults with many small and medium sized businesses who want to win.
Most Requested Topics:
- Overpromise & Overdeliver: The Secrets of Unshakable Customer Loyalty: Based on Rick Barrera's Wall Street Journal bestseller, this program is essential for any company that wants to radically differentiate their products, services, and company from competitors while dramatically increasing revenues and margins. In Overpromise and Overdeliver you’ll learn how to differentiate your brand by designing and delivering extraordinary customer experiences that instantly differentiate your company. Senior executives will find the research and case studies compelling, while line managers will learn the keys to better execution. The frontline will learn what specific actions they must take on a daily basis to create the unique experiences that drive buzz and build breakaway brands. This program is available as a keynote presentation, as well as interactive half- and full-day sessions.
- TouchPoint Branding: Identifying What Matters Most to Customers: You need additional sales right now. Many companies are canceling projects, freezing spending, cutting head count... instead of hunkering down and shrinking your way to greatness, this program focuses on how to grow revenues. Rick Barrera has successfully sold his way through three recessions and can show your sales teams how to sell successfully, even in a tough economy. Working closely with your company's sales leaders, he designs an exceptionally customized and interactive program that will dig into your specific issues to captivate and engage even your most senior experienced sales people. Using case studies, role plays, exercises, and other engaging activities, this program will catapult the potential of your sales team.
- Rethinking the Customer Experience: How well does your frontline understand the needs, wants, goals, and priorities of your customers? How well designed is your service organization to deliver on them? Do they understand what true world class service means as your customers compare them to the experiences they have with Lexus, Disney, Federal Express, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Lands' End, and other service leaders? In this humorous and entertaining program, your team will learn the three laws of exceptional service delivery, how to use the power of positive language, and how to determine the true cost of losing a customer, as well as the seven steps for handling an irate customer. If you want to build a world class service team, this is the program for you.
- Collaborative Selling: How well does your frontline understand the needs, wants, goals, and priorities of your customers? How well designed is your service organization to deliver on them? Do they understand what true world class service means as your customers compare them to the experiences they have with Lexus, Disney, Federal Express, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Lands' End, and other service leaders? In this humorous and entertaining program, your team will learn the three laws of exceptional service delivery, how to use the power of positive language, and how to determine the true cost of losing a customer, as well as the seven steps for handling an irate customer. If you want to build a world class service team, this is the program for you.
- Designing a Results-Driven Heart-Led Company: To earn your team’s loyalty and passion, you must have a clearly defined, exciting, heart-pumping, euphoria-producing destination. You must shape The Grand Story for your team and show them where each of them fit in the Grand Story, why their talents and passions are unique, and uniquely needed to make the journey possible. They must be committed individually and collectively to reaching the Daring Destination. In this keynote, Rick Barrera will show you why defining the right destination is 90% of the battle. Then he’ll show you how to accomplish the other 110% of your mission. Yes, 200%! Since when is perfection good enough? Why merely accomplish your goals when you can blow the doors off! High Performance Teams are never happy unless they are exceeding their goals. Isn’t life more fun when you are winning?