Over the past 20 years, Rick Barrera has worked with over a thousand companies who have learned to shape their own success by being proactive in spite of a radically changing environment. In addition to his marketing degree, Rick will bring you the latest research, real life examples from his most recent consulting interventions and 20 years of professional speaking experience.
Prior to his speaking career, Rick had an exceptional selling career. His experience includes retail and business-to-business sales. Based on his experience in sales and as a sales trainer, Rick coauthored two business-best sellers, Non-Manipulative Selling, , which has since grown into the dynamic sales training philosophy, Collaborative Selling , published by John Wiley and Son. He also wrote The Dollars and Sense of Exceptional Service Delivery. Rick has recently finished his fourth book, Overpromise and Overdeliver, which explains why it is so critical to develop a radically differentiated brand promise and why alignment of your Product, Systems and Human TouchPoints is essential to rapid brand building.
Rick discovered that client’s strategies were often fundamentally flawed causing good people and good companies to obtain “less than optimal results.” In response, he developed “Fast Forward” to help them understand how their marketplace was being changed by customers, competitors and technology. He then developed “Warp Speed” to show them how to change their business models to compete and win at the speed of light.
In 1996, Rick contributed to the motivational Olympic anthology on peak performance, The Winning Spirit: Achieving Olympic Level Performance in Business and Personal Advancements.
Rick Barrera’s programs address the future, strategy, innovation and change and how they intersect with new technologies. He addresses the ways that businesses must be reinvented to meet the demands of today’s never satisfied customer. Clients are consistently surprised by the amount of research and client information he incorporates into every presentation. You'll find that your participants are more interested and more interactive during his programs because of his ability to address their specific issues. Rick also speaks on the subject of Overpromise and Overdeliver to the delight of audiences.
While Rick’s client list includes many of the Fortune 500, he consults with many small and medium sized businesses who want to win.
Most Requested Topics:
- Sales: While many companies are canceling projects, freezing spending, or cutting head count, you know none of those tactics will solve the real problem. Instead of hunkering down and trying to shrink your way to greatness, you should focus on how to grow revenues through your sales teams. Rick has successfully sold his way through the last three recessions and can show your inside and outside sales teams how to do it successfully, as well. Working closely with your sales leaders, he'll dig into your specific issues and custom design an interactive program to captivate and engage even your most senior experienced sales people. Using case studies, role plays, exercises and other engaging activities, Rick will change forever the way your sales team thinks about customers, prospects, and their own potential.
- Collaborative Selling: Most sales are lost in the FIRST CUSTOMER INTERVIEW because of a lack of proper research and poor interviewing skills on the part of the salesperson. In this highly interactive session, Rick Barrera, co-author of two best-selling sales books, will teach your team how to be instantly relevant to your customers. He'll show them how to ask the five critical questions that will immediately identify your customer's greatest pain. Once their pain is revealed, Rick will show your team how to collaborate with your customer to find a solution and move toward rapid implementation. If you want your team to sell more in less time, this is the perfect program for your next sales meeting.
- Customer Service: How well does your front line understand the needs, wants, goals and priorities of your customers? How well designed is your service organization to deliver on them? Do they understand what true world class service means as your customers compare them to the experiences they have with Lexus, Disney, Federal Express, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Lands' End, Washington Mutual and other service leaders? In this humorous and entertaining program, your team will learn "The Three Laws of Exceptional Service Delivery," how to use the power of positive language, how to determine the true cost of losing a customer, as well as the 7 steps for handling an irate customer. If you want to build a world class service team, this is the program for you.
- Branding & Competition: Based on Rick's Wall Street Journal bestselling book "Overpromise and Overdeliver", this program is essential for any company that wants to radically differentiate their products, services and company from competitors while dramatically increasing revenues and margins. In Overpromise and Overdeliver you'll learn how to differentiate your brand by designing and delivering extraordinary customer experiences that instantly differentiate your company. Senior executives will find the research and case studies compelling, while line managers will learn the keys to better execution. The front line will learn what specific actions they must take on a daily basis to create the unique experiences that drive buzz and build breakaway brands. This program is available as a keynote presentation, as well as interactive half and full day sessions.
- Future Trends & Innovation: This intense presentation underscores the need for companies to redesign their thinking, their processes and their people to deliver innovation, speed and greater customer value. Your team will learn company specific, practical steps to capitalize on each trend including: A Real Time World, Globalization, Changing Places, Learning Organizations, Strategic Partnerships, Reinventing, Using Speed as a Competitive Weapon, Customized Solutions & Experiences, Leveraging Information, and Putting the Customer First. Participants in this program will go beyond embracing change, to become change leaders. Rick 's trademark Deep Customization process really shines through here.