KEY Speakers Bureau
250 Newport Center Drive, Suite 202, Newport Beach, CA 92660
949.675.7856 Fax: 949.675.1478
Legal Analyst for ABC News, CEO, Abrams Research and Founder/Publisher, Mediate.com
Dan Abrams was named Nightline anchor and chief legal affairs anchor for ABC News in June 2013. In addition to this role, he continues his daily legal segments on Good Morning America, and covers a broad array of other topics with a new branded segment on the show as well. He joins his fellow Nightline anchors on the primetime show The Lookout and reports on all ABC News platforms, including ABCNews.com and ABC News Radio.
Prior to Nightline, Abrams was ABC News' legal analyst. Since February 2011, he has provided legal insights in major court cases and complicated legal questions from Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias to George Zimmerman and the Supreme Court.
Before joining ABC News, Abrams worked at NBC for 15 years as a reporter for NBC's Nightly News, host on MSNBC and chief legal correspondent for NBC News. From 2006 to late 2007, he served as general manager of MSNBC, where he presided over a period of unprecedented growth, with ratings and profits each increasing well over 50% during his tenure. During that time, he was also a member of the NBC Universal President's Council.
Abrams is founder and former CEO of the Abrams Media Network, which includes eight popular websites: Mediaite, a media news website; Geekosystem, covering tech and geek culture; Styleite, which covers beauty and fashion; Sportsgrid, which follows sports and sports-related media; Gossip Cop, which monitors false reporting in the celebrity gossip industry; The Mary Sue, a site for female "geeks"; The Jane Dough, devoted to young women in business, media, and other fields; and The Braiser, focused on the personalities and lifestyles of world-renowned chefs. Together, the Abrams Media Network serves close to 17 million unique visitors per month.
A graduate of Columbia University Law School, Abrams is a recognized writer. He has published articles in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, The Yale Law and Policy Review, The Huffington Post, The Daily Beast and Mediaite among many others. He is also the legal columnist for Men's Health magazine.
In March 2011, Abrams published his first book, Man Down: Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt That Women Are Better Cops, Drivers, Gamblers, Spies, World Leaders, Beer Tasters, Hedge Fund Managers and Just About Everything Else which made The Washington Post best seller list.
Most Requested Topics:
- The Media and the Courts in the Trump Era: From today’s biggest trials and headlines to President Trump and his relationship with the courts, Dan Abrams covers it all. Abrams provides insightful analysis on current events, the law and the highest profile cases getting the attention of media.
- Social Media Strategy in Today's Business World: The media landscape has experienced a revolution which has profound implications for how businesses reach their customers. While the traditional objectives of businesses remain the same – to build brand identity, develop customer loyalty, and communicate with investors – social media has introduced powerful new, and cost-effective tools to achieve these age-old goals. Dan's firm Abrams Research has become a social media leader, advising top corporations on how to adapt to this shifting landscape in order to not just survive, but thrive, in these challenging times. Abrams Research's Social Media Guide for Businesses has become a must read for many of America's largest businesses trying to make social media work for them.
- Covering the Courts: The Convergence of Law & Media in Today’s Highest Profile Cases: Join keynote speaker and Good Morning America legal analyst Dan Abrams as he gives an insider’s view of today’s hottest cases and the media’s effect on them. Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Amanda Knox—these are names that we know only because the media decided their trials were newsworthy. How did the attention these cases received affect their outcomes and the general perception of justice in the courts? How has media coverage of legal cases evolved over time? As a lawyer and media insider, Dan Abrams brings a unique and dynamic perspective to this topic. Don't miss his fascinating discussion of the media's impact on how we view the legal system and today's headline cases.
- The Abrams Report Live!: Dan Abrams presents a contemporary, insightful analysis of today’s current events, illuminating the key issues and forces shaping our world.
- Behind the Bench: Based on the many dramatic cases he has covered throughout his career, Dan Abrams will take you behind the scenes of some of the biggest trials in recent memory including: O.J. Simpson, Amanda Knox, Dr. Kirk Kevorkian, Scott Peterson and Michael Jackson. Abrams also examines the extraordinary changes in recent years and the important role of television and the media in initiating and sustaining these events.
- The Media’s Increasing Role in Shaping Our Modern Political Landscape: As we reflect on the most publicized presidential election in American History, legal commentator and television host, Dan Abrams, will provide thought-provoking insights into the media's increasing role in shaping our modern political landscape.
- Women Do It Better