AFTERBURNER SEMINARS is a cutting-edge training program designed to help your company achieve victory in today's business world. Formed in 1996 by President and founder Jim Murphy, the Afterburners apply the strategies of military fighter pilot training to business practices. Knowing how to assess risk, prioritize tasks, and overcome challenges can mean the difference between success and defeat in the fast, high-tech, changeable world of business today.
Led by men and women Fighter Pilots from the Air Force, Navy, and Marines who are themselves successful business people, they come to your site ready to put your team through an action-packed program that motivates, educates, and entertains. Their high intensity courses pack enough business savvy and Top Gun-style theatrics to have Fortune 500 companies lining up to get a piece of their military action. Whether your company chooses a half or full, interactive "Afterburner Day" or a 30-90 minute Keynote tailored to your business, your employees will come away with strategic techniques to: improve Teamwork, streamline Communication, develop new Leadership Skills, and eliminate Task and Information Overload.
Most Requested Topics:
- Leading Flawless Execution from the Top with James D. Murphy: Afterburner’s leadership keynote speaker Jim Murphy has helped top business leaders transform strategy into action. Historically fewer than 60% of all initiatives actually get accomplished. This keynote will help align your team around your strategy and understand exactly what to do and how to do it.
- Flawless Sales Execution: Sales Performance Improvement: When Failure Isn't an Option: When the economy is great, having a sales team that's less than flawless is tolerable. For most companies though, failure is not an option. So how can a team improve overnight, becoming an optimal sales machine? With Flawless Execution and the type of teamwork used by elite military teams.
Selling in Today's New Normal. The Flawless Sales Keynote trains your sales team how to function as a high-performing team by harnessing the power of Flawless Execution. We share a proven sales planning process that fuels annual sales strategies, weekly account plans and single-sales-call plans of successful sales teams across the globe. Disciplined targeting, planning and adjusting creates a sales team that works together to meet shared goals. Build your sales team the Fighter Pilot way with Flawless Sales Execution.
- Flawless Execution Keynote - A Fighter Pilot’s Secret to Business Success: In this session your group will learn how Fighter Pilots execute in rapidly changing and challenging situations. Working together as a team, this keynote includes both a Main Speaker and a Wingman fighter pilot and is highly customized to meet the needs of your audience.
- Mach 2: A revolutionary team building seminar focused on one thing - better productivity. Your team has the guts. Now it's time for the glory. Your team has experienced The Afterburner Day team building seminar. Now it's time to accelerate. It's time for greater productivity. It's time to thoroughly communicate and flawlessly execute the Mission with a different kind of Flawless Execution℠ training. Most companies fail at the most crucial point... communicating the Mission and getting people online to execute it. They issue marching orders to start running for the finish line before they even tell the troops where it is. This leaves gaping holes open to error. Productivity slips, morale drops, the competition gets a leg up. Mach 2 Execution takes teams beyond basic Afterburner Day Flawless Execution℠ training - To supersonic speed and maximum productivity.
- Leaning Forward: For clients who only have limited time, Leaning Forward contains some of the core elements of the Afterburner Day team building event in a compressed format.
- Organizational Execution Workshop (OrgEx): Depending on the group size and objectives, this intensive team building program helps leaders and their teams build organizational strategy and connect it to a powerful execution process. The OrgEx Model is perfect for planning a go-to-market strategy, product launch, or major initiative rollout.
- Planning Workshop: Learn to use the "Six Steps in Mission Planning" on a real corporate mission, not a simulation. This team building workshop will let your team see immediate results AND have a repeatable process they can use to improve future project planning and execution.
- Debrief Workshop: Fighter Pilots can't afford to make the same mistakes twice that's why they use a powerful Debriefing process to perfect their mission-planning process. Your team will learn this same process in this team building exercise to get to the root causes of performance problems and eliminate them.