Known simply as FlyGirl, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour went from beat cop to combat pilot in 3 years. Within months of earning her wings, she found herself flying over the deserts of Iraq supporting the men and women on the ground. After serving two tours overseas, she had become America’s First African American Female Combat Pilot. After returning home, she realized that many people wanted to create breakthroughs in their own lives, they just didn’t know how.
From her experiences, she created a 7-step process called the Zero to Breakthrough™ Success Plan. She now travels extensively sharing this message through her keynotes, coaching and seminars. She is your battle-tested speaker and ignites audiences with a dynamic spark that can’t be extinguished. Lead your team through the execution of any plan by harnessing the power of a “Breakthrough Mentality”! From the moment she leaps into the audience, she shows attendees how to go from “Zero to Breakthrough” and create a personal flight plan utilizing her candid strategies to win on the battlefield of business and life!
Upon completion of two tours in Iraq and leaving the military, Vernice leveraged her “Breakthrough Mentality” mindset and launched VAI Consulting and Training, LLC. By applying the Zero to Breakthrough™ Success Plan to her own company, Vernice produced over six-figures in revenue within the first 12 months! Her passion is helping organizations and individuals create similar results.
As featured on Oprah Winfrey, CNN, Tavis Smiley, NPR and others, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour’s fresh style and presentation methods have inspired hundreds of organizations and individuals. Vernice ultimately impacts organizations and individuals with an understanding of the passion and leadership required to excel. Through her keynotes, executive and group coaching, seminars and executive retreats, Vernice conveys her message of Zero to Breakthrough™ utilizing her unique insight and life strategy: “You HAVE permission to Engage…CLEARED HOT!”
An honorary Doctorate of Laws was conferred on Vernice from Chancellor University in 2010. She has also received awards as a pioneering pilot, to include her commanding role in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). She was the Marine Corps’ first African American Female pilot, first African American woman on the Nashville Police Department’s motorcycle squad, Camp Pendleton’s 2001 Female Athlete of the Year, two-time titleholder in Camp Pendleton’s annual Strongest Warrior Competition, and a running back for the San Diego Sunfire women’s professional football team.
Armour published her first book, Zero to Breakthrough™ in 2011.
Most Requested Topics:
- Zero to Breakthrough: How a Breakthrough Mentality Creates Breakthrough Results!: Put passion back in your life and design the path to your dreams with a ‘Breakthrough Mentality.’ Be inspired by Vernice’s personal story of setbacks, challenges, adventure, success and triumph. Vernice takes you on an amazing journey through her life experiences and, most importantly, the lessons learned. Unleash the personal leadership power needed to take your life to the next level! Attendees will discover:
.How Passion, Purpose & Positive Steps create breakthrough results and shape your destiny
.The Tangibility of Possibility
.Delay is not Denial and to Retreat does not mean Defeat
.How to ignite your spark and make YOUR dreams a reality!
- Cleared Hot! You HAVE Permission to Engage: Employee engagement, customer engagement, team engagement, personal engagement. No matter what area an organization is strategically trying to improve, individuals have to be engaged and execute in order for the plan forward! The key is giving the permission to engage from the inside out. Once that happens, your organization will be CLEARED HOT! There’s no secret…a solid flight plan is the key. Give your attendees a fast paced message that will show how them how to:
.Harness the power of a ‘Breakthrough Mentality’ mindset
.Lead through mentorship
.Leverage functional and individual diversity as a strategic advantage
.Create breakthroughs for their teams with five simple steps
- Driving Diversity Deep into the DNA of Your Organization - One Mission, One Goal, One Team : Vernice reveals, as a former Diversity Officer for Headquarters Marine Corps and liaison to the Pentagon, what it took to help a 200,000 personnel organization get back on track! When you bring people together, you will have differences and similarities that result in tension and complexities…THIS IS NORMAL! How you MANAGE diversity is the key! The leader will discover how to:
.Know your people and harness the power, skills and talents of the team
.Unleash the full potential of diversity to impact the bottom line
.Effectively tap into the power of the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
.Teach everyone to be an ambassador for diversity
.Create a culture that values and respects all team members: One Mission, One Goal, One Team!
- Who Needs A Runway?! Take Off From Where You Are!!!: The bottom line is that we have to move into action from where we are! Unfortunately, many people become paralyzed in the preparation phase. Decide what you want, put your stake in the ground and execute! Vernice calls this making a commitment to the commitment. Give your organization the boost they need to come together as a team, understand how their objectives support the overall strategy and accomplish the mission achieving the desired results! Give your attendees an invigorating perspective that reveals how to:
.Infuse passion in your life professionally and personally!
.Recognize and utilize the skills and talents of everyone around you
.Lead a Zero to Breakthrough™ life with a ‘Breakthrough Mentality’ as the foundation
.Unleash your full potential no matter where you are personally starting from
- Leading and Winning in the Battlefield of Business