KEY Speakers Bureau
250 Newport Center Drive, Suite 202, Newport Beach, CA 92660
949.675.7856 Fax: 949.675.1478
Business Futurist, Authority on Innovation, Technology and Emerging Markets
Mike Walsh is the CEO of Tomorrow, a global consultancy on designing business for the 21st century. He advises leaders on how to thrive in this era of disruptive technological change. Mike’s clients include many of the global Fortune 500, and as a sought-after keynote speaker he regularly shares the stage with world leaders and business icons alike. Mike previously founded Jupiter Research in Australia, and has also held senior strategy roles at News Corporation in the Asia Pacific Region. He is currently a board member and strategic investor in the North Alliance, Scandinavia’s leading digital marketing group. Mike’s best-selling book FUTURETAINMENT, published by Phaidon was the winner of the design award by the Art Director’s Club in New York.
Rather than focusing on the distant future, Mike takes an anthropological approach – scanning the near horizon for emerging technologies and disruptive shifts in human behavior, and then translating these into pragmatic plans for business transformation. A prolific winter and commentator, Mike’s views have appeared in a wide range of international publications including BusinessWeek, Forbes and the Wall Street Journal.
Constantly traveling the world for the best ideas, Mike spends more than 300 days a year on the road interviewing innovators, entrepreneurs and corporate revolutionaries to provide his clients and audiences with a fresh and compelling vision of tomorrow’s opportunities.
Mike has delivered close to a thousand keynote speeches around the world to companies in almost every industry. His customized presentations leave audiences prepared and inspired to transform the way they do business. In 2014, Mike was invited to be a main stage keynote speaker at the Million Dollar Round Table with an audience of more than 8,000 people, one of the most prestigious events on the global speaking circuit.
Mike has been a pioneer in the digital space since the 1990s, running both successful start-up ventures as well as holding senior leadership positions in established media organizations. With a background in corporate law and management consulting, he began his career at XT3, a spin out from McKinsey and one of the first digital consulting firms created to help major companies embrace the embryonic Web. During the first dotcom boom, Mike launched the technology publishing group internet.com in Australia, which went on to become the leading local technology news and events platform in the country.
He also founded and ran Jupiter Research in the Asia Pacific, one of the first research agencies to track the early adoption of e-commerce and digital business models by online consumers. During this period, he was recognized as one of Australia’s “Top 30 Entrepreneurs Under 30.”
After his experiences in the Web space, Mike spent five years in senior strategy roles at News Corporation where he helped shape the digital strategy for both their Australian newspaper and Asian TV divisions. Directly engaged by the CEO of Star TV to provide the company with a digital roadmap for their operations, he began his in-depth research into the fast growth markets of Asia.
While in Hong Kong and inspired by the dramatic changes taking place in China and India, Mike founded his latest venture, Tomorrow - an innovation research lab focused on emerging technology and disruptive consumer behavior. Always in demand for his fresh insights and practical future-focused strategies, Mike has advised the CEOs and senior management teams at multinational companies including: the BBC, Fujiﬁlm, Richemont, MSN, Star TV, Televisa, Philips, and HSBC.
As a global nomad and consumer trend scout, Mike does live research, in the trenches, with big corporations and entrepreneurs all over the world bringing a truly global perspective to every event.
Most Requested Topics:
- FUTURETAINMENT - Winning The War For Tomorrow's Consumer: Welcome to the Revolution. The balance of power has shifted and consumers have taken control. To win the hearts and minds of tomorrow's customers requires new mindsets, new tools and a new set of maps to navigate the behavioral patterns of a global generation born mobile. Based on Mike Walsh's best-selling book, FUTURETAINMENT is a fast paced tour of the latest technologies, global trends, and case studies that will forever change the way you think about your relationship with your customers.
- FLEX - Business Re-Imagined: What does it take to lead a 21st century company? New technology is not only an opportunity to improve productivity, it invites us to ask a much bigger question, can we re-imagine the way we do business? Forces of change surround us. Whether it be generational turnover, the Cloud, mobile work, or the rise of the social enterprise, the companies that thrive in the near future will be the ones that not only embrace change but are the first to break the rules. With original consumer market research, practical evaluations of next generational enterprise tools and case studies from some of the world's most innovative firms - you will have everything you need to start thinking like a FLEX firm.
- The Big Data Revolution: There is a new war coming over the future's most valuable asset. Big Data, once just the domain of technology professionals, will soon be the number one issue for all business leaders. Consumers are producing more of it, marketers are starting to leverage it, and governments are seeking to control it, and most importantly, business leaders will be asked to make decisions based on it. The real Big Data revolution is not just about the amount of data that has to be processed, but a mindset change about how data gets used in the enterprise. With original research, practical evaluations of disruptive strategies and case studies from some of the world's most innovative firms, Mike Walsh's keynote presentation will give you the roadmap you need to set your Big Data strategy in place for 2013.
- WORLD NEXT - Your Roadmap To The Global Future: Social unrest, economic turmoil, rapid technological change - we live in a world seemingly dominated by crisis. And yet if you look more closely, you may also see a different set of patterns giving rise to new markets, new consumers and new ways to do business. The future is already here, you just need to know where to look. From disruptive mobile technology from China to India's low cost business models, next generation mobile banking in Africa and social consumerism in South America - innovation is shifting to a new geography. How we interact, transact and entertain ourselves in the future will be shaped by a billion new consumers from emerging markets. WORLD NEXT is your roadmap to understanding and accessing the growth potential of tomorrow's world.
- A Blueprint For 21st Century Business: Business leaders have never faced a greater set of challenges than they do today: disruptive technology re-shaping traditional markets, decision-making in an era of big data, and a new generation of global customers and employees natural-born to mobile platforms and real-time applications. If you could start with a clean sheet of paper, how would you design your company? Would your youngest staff member be making coffee or running R&D? Should big data be something that your IT department worries about, or a weapon wielded daily by your management team? Do you ban Facebook or do you build your own social network to enable your people to collaborate more effectively?
- Reinventing Leadership for the Age of Machine Intelligence: Shows leaders how to redesign their organizations, reimagine their roles and reinvent the way they make decisions in a time of AI, algorithms and automation.
- The Future of Healthcare Insurance: In this presentation, Mike explains the future of healthcare and how data changes the way we think about wellness.