In addition to his time in the military, Waldo has real world corporate sales and management experience and is an expert on change management, peak performance, and resilience – having broken through a lifelong fear of heights and overcoming claustrophobia as a fighter pilot. A key message in his inspirational “Never Fly Solo” signature keynotes and seminars is that you can’t reach your highest potential alone. You need wingmen - trusted partners – to help you win when adversity strikes.
His compelling stories and strategies on overcoming obstacles, performing under pressure, and servant-based leadership are extremely relevant to organizations who seek to create a resilient, courageous, “One Team, One Mission” performance-focused culture of collaboration and trust.
Waldo is a graduate of the Air Force Academy and the founder of The Wingman Foundation, a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to build funds and awareness for veterans in need. He is an inductee into the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame, a prestigious award that honors speakers who have reached the top echelon of platform excellence and has been bestowed on less than 200 speakers worldwide. He speaks internationally for clients including Marriott, American Express, AT&T, Procter & Gamble, The Denver Broncos, and Home Depot, and has been featured on Fox & Friends, CNN, MSNBC, Inc. Magazine and The Harvard Business Review.
- Wingman Safety
In the world of the fighter pilot, complacency kills. A failure to adhere to standards, maintain discipline and follow procedures not only can cause aircraft mishaps, but it can also cost lives. The same holds true on the factory floor or a dangerous worksite. Employees who lack attention to detail, focus, and discipline are prone to make mistakes that can impact safety, productivity, operational excellence…and lives.
Waldo will share proven leadership principals based on his experience as an Air Force safety officer and as a combat flight lead where his wingmen’s lives were on the line.
Following his program, the audience will learn peak performance leadership and safety enhancing tools based on three key concepts:
• Commitment to Excellence – Everyone must know exactly what and who they are fighting for. They should emulate excellence on and off the job, and understand that their role is essential to safety, morale, and culture.
• Values Based Culture – Integrity, accountability, mutual respect, and teamwork must serve as the foundation for all relationships.
• Effective Communication – Leaders listen intently and communicate their safety vision with passion. They promote open two-way communication.
- Wingman Leadership
The key to building a high-performing organization that encourages innovative thinking, adaptability to change, effective communication, and a commitment to excellence lies with its leadership. In this high-energy program, Waldo highlights the difference between managing others and leading them to be responsible, empowered and confident wingmen. Waldo will discuss proven leadership principals based on his experience as an AF Academy graduate, decorated fighter pilot, and seasoned businessman.
The program will:
• Instill a “One Team-One Mission” culture of team ownership so that every leader feels fully accountable for the success of the mission.
• Share tools to motivate leaders and staff to collaborate more effectively, adapt to change, and face adversity and conflict with courage.
• Provide tools for personal and professional growth that will give additional leverage for building high-performance teams.
- Never Fly Solo
Flying solo? You might think so. But take a good look around. You have support staff, managers, and suppliers. And you have colleagues, consultants, and significant others. By building trust in your partners, you can overcome obstacles, adapt to change, and achieve success. When you have wingmen, there is no mission you can’t complete!
Through captivating stories, business lessons, and real-world video, Waldo will take your team on an unforgettable journey of high performance and excellence in extremely competitive and demanding environments.
Be inspired to take to the skies knowing that you have Wingmen to help you face challenges and change with courage while maximizing potential in all aspects of life.
• Promote Open Communication, Integrity, and Trust
• Develop a Collaborative Culture of Teamwork and Mutual Support
• Leverage Preparation to Build Confidence
• Transform Relationships into Revenue Convert Fear into Action
• Lead with Courage, Conviction, and Compassion