Having grown his own companies by accelerating the growth and transformation for clients that include: Apple; Chick-fil-A; DeBeers; and AT&T -- Peter will provoke you to get bigger, by getting better! When leaders are true to their purpose, they gravitate towards doing work that matters and solving higherorder problems. The journey to get there requires that they have the courage to tell themselves the truth, take intelligent risks, and assume ownership for driving the alignment necessary to build an organization which behaves in ways worthy of its leadership position.
In being true to his own ambitions and relentless pursuit of growth, Peter has published seven books, built three global companies and delivered more than 2,500 presentations in 40+ countries. Today he and his team at Karrikins Group are focused exclusively on inspiring leaders to do the hard work required to accelerate growth and transformation.
- Leading Transformation: Turning challenges into opportunity and change into competitive advantage
The journey of transformation we must now all lead to stay relevant and ' accelerate growth in a disrupted world requires that you:
1. Tell yourself the truth: Embrace your new reality and take ownership for leading in new ways.
2. Unleash ambition: Rise above the urgency of a burning platform and unleash a burning ambition worth fighting for.
3. Drive alignment: Leaders need to be accountable for making new decisions and driving new behavior as we compete in the new reality.
- High Performance in a Hybrid World: Accelerating a culture of accountability and driving effective alignment
Stimulating a culture of growth amidst uncertainty requires leaders to create a team setting where it's psychologically safe to take risks, behave in new ways, and pursue progress over perfection. To do so, you must:
1. Raise your standards: Move your team from agreement to alignment.
2. Go first: As goes your behavior, so goes the behavior of the rest of your team.
3. Lead intentionally: Culture is a science, not an art. Focus on individual mindsets, team dynamics, and environment.
- Competing on Value, Not Price: Create more value, move beyond the competition, and become the obvious choice
Crisis creates unique windows of opportunity to innovate, take intelligent risks, and thrive in the face of disruption. To seize these opportunities, you must:
1. Question assumptions: Disruption forces you to reexamine the value you add, and to find new and innovative ways to add it.
2. Lead your customers to the future: Behave in ways worthy of the market leading position you seek - lead don't follow.
3. Matter more: Escape commoditization by elevating the impact you have on your customers' lives.
- ACCELERATED GROWTH: Building Organizations & Teams Capable of Sustaining Growth Through A Culture of Innovation, Courageous Leadership, & Aligned Individuals
As the cliché suggests, you are either growing or you are dying. But in today’s marketplace, it’s no longer about growing or not. It is about growing faster today than we did yesterday, and doing so in spite of the larger base we now operate. In this engaging, case-study rich session, we will unlock the keys to accelerating growth in your team and your organization in order to:
• Help you understand the difference between arbitrary double-digit growth targets and true ambition
• Define the levers you can pull to create a growth-enabled culture defined by innovation, excellence, and accountability
• Provoke you to reflect on the critical role you play as a leader to unleash the necessary appetite for intelligent risk-taking and action orientation required for growth
• Introduce you to the three critical questions required to ensure market relevance and position your organization for accelerated growth
• Orient your thinking towards alignment and the reduction of friction inside your organization
- MATTER: Finding Opportunity In Disruption To Create More Value & Become The Obvious Choice
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers. This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization, participate actively in innovation rather than allowing it to be something happening to you, and matter more to your customers than your competition.
This journey will require that you:
• Understand the difference between value creation and value extraction
• Move towards the very disruption that challenges you and your customers
• Elevate your impact in the five critical dimensions that clients and customers value most during times of rapid change
• Elevate your perspective by learning at the ‘Edge of Disruption’ and becoming a thought leader in the business models of tomorrow
• Elevate your relationships to position you not just as a trusted adviser but as a strategic partner for your customers
• Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position
- FLIP: How To Turn Challenge Into Opportunity & Disruption Into Competitive Advantage
The fact that the world is changing is not new to anyone. The more important question is: What do we need to do in the face of change? How do organizations respond meaningfully to it? Whether you are dealing with disruptive technology, shifts in customer expectations, or changes in regulation, as a leader you must apply an innovative approach to effectively navigate disruptive forces.
In this provocative, research-based session, Peter will inspire you to:
• Embrace change and break free from thinking that made you successful in the past but could undermine your success in the future
• Re-think competitive advantage and leverage intangibles to manufacture tangible points of difference in your market
• Improve your margins by driving non-sexy innovation and finding new ways to innovate across the value-chain
• Turn chaos into opportunity by leading the market in response to new regulation, customer expectations, and technological disruption
• Take the intelligent risks required to innovate and drive change within your organization and industry
- Growing in Uncertain Times: Turning Challenges into Opportunity and Change into Competitive Advantage
Stimulating a culture of growth amidst uncertainty begins with leaders taking ownership for their changed reality, unleashing an ambition that drives their team forward, and aligning their people to the new ways of working necessary to create value in the current environment. In this case-study rich session, Peter Sheahan will unpack how to balance the need for prompt action with the need to maintain the capacity, capability, and engagement required to make the most of the massive opportunities that inevitably emerge from crisis. And he will explore the unique application of these insights in a mostly virtual world.
- High Performance in a Virtual World: Maintaining a Culture of Accountability and High Engagement in the Face of COVID-19
Culture is a science, not an art. With the right mindset, team dynamics, and environment, a leader can intentionally curate a culture of accountability, innovation, and high engagement. Doing so remotely presents unique but surmountable challenges that can be overcome by creating a setting for your team where it’s psychologically safe to ask for help, behave in new ways, and pursue progress over perfection. The truth is people don’t really know how to work together as effectively virtually, and collaboration, productivity, and well-being are all known to suffer when we get it wrong. Using real-world examples, Peter will unpack a blueprint for driving high performance and apply it directly to the new ways of working we must all embrace as a part of social distance based norms.
- Leading with Intentional Optimism: Make the Shift from Defense to Offense and Seize the Opportunities in Disruption
Leaders must be pragmatic in the face of the real challenges presented by Covid-19, however at some point they must choose whether they are going to create their future reality or passively accept their fate. Intentional Optimism is a new way of leading that unleashes the agency and influence we all have over our reality and combines the importance of pragmatism with the power of boldness to position ourselves to make the most of opportunity. Participants will explore their own leadership archetype and learn how to avoid the dangers of cynicism over skepticism and dreaming over optimism. The outcome will be the intentional amplification of optimism at a time we need it most.
leading by example continuous learning. Brilliant. Agile. Trusted. Confidant. Integrity. Inspiring.
These are some of the attributes I use when describing your contribution to AT&T University and LwD,
and beyond. Thank you for what you have brought us... It is corporate life changing for AT&T!”
-President, AT&T University