Dr. Hyman is the Director the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine, where he oversees scientific research in the field of functional medicine. He is also the founder and medical director of The UltraWellness Center, chairman of the board of the Institute for Functional Medicine, a medical editor of The Huffington Post, and has been a regular medical contributor on many television shows including CBS This Morning, Today Show, The View, Katie, and The Dr. Oz Show.
A health advisor to the Clintons, he has testified before the United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions on integrative medical care. Dr. Hyman crafted and helped introduce the Take Back Your Health Act of 2009 to the United States Senate to provide for reimbursement of lifestyle treatment of chronic disease. Recently, he helped introduce the ENRICH Act into Congress to fund nutrition in medical education.
- The Cholesterol Myth – Good vs. Bad
- How Biology Influences Mood, Attention and Memory
- The Medicine Is Already Inside You
- Detoxification: A Food-Based Approach
- Functional Medicine: An Introduction to Applied Systems Medicine
- Functional Medicine Approach to Diabetes: The Diabesity Prescription
- Functional Medicine: The Future of Personalized Medicine
- Introduction to Functional Medicine
- Boosting Your Brain Power
- UltraWellness: A New Model for 21st Century Medical Care
- Ultrametabolism: The Science of Weight Loss
- Ultraprevention: The 6-Week Plan That Will Make You Healthy For Life