Amy is a CPA and Yogi who specializes in Technology Innovation. By combining these areas of expertise, Amy guides people on how to transform their careers, businesses, and lives. Her speaking programs encompass one-of-a-kind topics on digital transformation, mindfulness,leadership, employee engagement, company culture, change management and innovation.
Over the years, Amy has frequently contributed her insights on these topics to top media outlets including Inc.com, Entrepreneur.com, AICPA’s Journal of Accountancy, Accounting Today, and CPA Practice Advisor.
Based on her work-life experience, and thousands of hours guiding business leaders to be successful, Amy authored the book, Business, Balance & Bliss®: How the B3 Method Can Transform Your Career and Life. In her book, Amy created a methodology, backed by scientific research, on how to live a more authentic, engaged, and fulfilled life. Amy shares this message more broadly in her award-winning TEDx Talk, “Disconnect to Connect: The Path to Work-Life Harmony.”
For over 25 years, Amy has held c-suite executive and leadership positions within technology companies overseeing customer, sales, education, and marketing functions and has also served as a partner at a CPA firm. Amy is a third-generation woman entrepreneur who has launched and sold multiple businesses including yoga studios, an accounting practice, and other business ventures.
Amy is a board member for the Ohio Society of CPAs as well as a corporate and advisory board member for a variety of companies.
- The Connected Leader: Creating an Engaged Company Culture in the Digital Age
In this age of technology disruption, everything is changing around us. We sometimes can feel like we don’t know where our anchor is - what will stay the same, what will change, and what we can depend on. We can find that when implementing change in our organization, individual patterns of behavior can show up in ways that prevent the business from making progress and embracing the opportunities ahead. While we are focusing on change management in our organizations and what the future of our work will look like, we should also be spending an equal amount of time creating stronger human connections. With time and dedication, you can learn to become a connected leader who contributes to cultivating an engaging and fulfilling work-life culture for yourself, your team and colleagues.
During this talk, Amy will take you on an emotional journey of self-reflection. You will discover more compassion for yourself and others, be more mindful as a leader, and improve how you communicate to achieve the desired outcomes together as a team.
In this session, you will learn:
• How habits and patterns are created in our lives from the time we are young that affect us into our adulthood and the steps to break the ones that don’t serve us;
• Understand how the ego develops, influences our work lives, and impacts how well we interact with others;
• Ways to change your mindset to overcome negativity and replace it with gratitude; and,
• Create more compassion for the people you work with by creating communities of support to break down barriers and achieve the best results for the organization.
- Working Remote Without Going Stir-Crazy: How to Stay Happy, Connected and Productive
(Personal Development, Productivity, Employee Engagement topic)
Working remotely is now the new normal for many people. Yet many of us struggle with how to manage this new type of work-life integration. As a result, it’s important to quickly learn some natural tools we all have so we can work productively remotely and at home, even with kids, partners and roommates possibly around. The goal is to prevent ourselves from feeling isolated and emotionally cut off from others, and stay connected and collaborative with our teams and colleagues. The good news is that many of us can work remotely using the latest online technology without a huge learning curve. However, technology alone is not enough -- it’s even more important to create human connection and practice self-care to stay happy, healthy and productive. In this session, Amy will discuss how to mindfully use technology to authentically connect with others, provide easy-to-use practices on staying productive when working at home, and teach proven techniques for decreasing stress and cultivating a sense of gratitude even in tumultuous times.
- Disconnect to Connect: Practicing Mindfulness in the Workplace
Amy offers a virtual Mindfulness speaking series that has been particularly successful among companies with employees who work remotely. They find that Amy’s indfulness series is a good way to keep their employees connected, balanced and inspired. Typically, the series starts with a one-hour kick-off, followed by a series of bimonthly, 30-minute to 1-hour breakfast or lunch-and-learn sessions. To complement Amy’s presentations, she can add a virtual meditation, traditional yoga or DJ yoga session to the series as well.
Some Sample Topics:
•Disconnect to Connect: Practicing Mindfulness in the Workplace
•Working Remote Without Going Stir-Crazy: How to Stay Happy, Connected and Productive
•Mindful Technology: Embracing Technology, Innovation and Mindfulness to Create Lasting Human Connections
- Becoming a Cherished Advisor: The Soft skills Needed for Greater Human Connection
As leaders, you strive to improve the organizations you lead by engaging your teams and innovating to keep your programs sought after. Yet, many spend a great deal of time keeping up with all the administration, rules and regulations, rather than being able to designate the time to needed with your department heads and teams to uncover what they want to improve their performance. At the same time, new technology is increasingly automating many traditional tasks and now with the gift of time that it will provide, there is the opportunity to focus on the soft skills required to add value to the organization by clearly communicating the meaning of benchmarking data, whether within your organization or outside of it, in a collaborative way that helps your staff make smarter decisions, develop better interdepartmental relationships and to create new ways to inspire their learners. In this session, attendees will learn how to leverage technology to develop the soft skills needed to become “Cherished Advisors” -- strategic leaders who create a proactive, value-added relationship with their stakeholders.
· Explore how to leverage the time-savings that technology provides to re-tool and develop the soft skills needed to build collaborative relationships;
· Gain an understanding of the mindset shift and skills needed to become “Cherished Advisors” by your leaders and colleagues to transform your department;
· Learn how to create a differentiated experience by developing the soft skills needed to better perform your job and connect with colleagues and stakeholders.
· Discover how to create real value by telling the story behind the reporting to help your organization make informed business decisions;
Become an integral part of your organization’s real-time decision-making processes, in a proactive, rather than reactive way.
- Practicing Mindful Leadership
Do you fear that you or your team are not working at full potential because of workplace misunderstandings? Are you empathetic as a leader and seek to understand others’ perspectives?
Many of us can feel that we are technically up to speed in what we do; however, we are not living up to our full potential as a leader or co-worker because we lack the skills to mindfully interact with one another. In this session, we will take a deep dive into understanding where we are off balance in our lives both at work and home and how this affects the experience we create with others. Mindfulness is the practice of being aware of what is happening around us and finding common ground with those we work with and care about so we can create better results in business and life. Gaining a better understanding and identifying where we are off balance internally can help us show up better for those around us, be a more successful leader and feel more engaged as an employee.
· Tap into self discovery techniques and identify your personal purpose to feel more fulfilled in work and life;
· Learn how to incorporate mindfulness practices into your life to be more present as a leader and integrate these techniques into your company culture;
· Develop healthy technology practices for better human connection; and,
· Learn how to practice active listening to be a more engage and effective business leader;
Determine where you are out of balance and develop a 30-day plan to create greater sense aligning your personal purpose with your business goals.
- Mindful Technology: Embracing Technology, Innovation and Mindfulness to Create Greater Human Connections
Embracing new technology will not isolate people or make us irrelevant as some fear. Instead, when used correctly and ethically, technology can empower leaders and employees to create stronger business relationships. Learn how to leverage technology to tap back into your purpose and creativity, become more mindful and empathetic as leaders and communicators, and create a greater sense of work-life harmony.
- The Power of Supportive Women’s Networks
Creating a supportive network of women can be one of the most important ingredients for career success. Learn how to create and nurture a supportive women’s network, the power of bringing other women along on your career journey; and, how to be more mindful in supporting women who inspire you.
- Business, Balance & Bliss®: How the B3 Method Can Transform Your Career and Life
Do you find that your work and daily life can become mechanical or routine? In this session you will uncover how to either rekindle or discover the spark you desire in your career and life. Based on Amy Vetter’s book, Business, Balance & Bliss: How the B3 Method Can Transform Your Career and Life, you will learn valuable insights and tips, backed by scientific research, on how to align your authentic self with the work you do. Expect to come away with the tools and inspiration to: create your own sense of work-life harmony, uncover your inner talents and passions, learn to be more present and productive at work and home, and gain an understanding of how to develop the technology practices (and boundaries) to put in place to lead a more mindful, connected and fulfilled life.
· Learn how to eliminate the stress of trying to achieve work-life balance, by instead creating work-life harmony;
· Discover your inner talents and passions and align them with the work you do;
· Integrate mindfulness into how you work yourself and with your employees;
· Develop healthy technology practices for better human connection;
· Become a more empathetic, authentic leader and colleague; and, build long-lasting, prosperous business relationships.