Pandit captures the audience's attention by sharing his journey on how and why he spent 15 years living as a monk in New York City, the incredible life and leadership lessons he learned from that experience and why he's no longer a monk. His story is chronicled in his book, Urban Monk. Some key messages the audience will take away are:
• Understanding how our mind, thoughts and emotions impact our reactions and behavior.
• Tools for managing one's emotions and staying calm and collected before pressing the "send" button.
• The value of consistently appreciating our colleagues.
• Attendees will be encouraged to lead by example by setting a proper leadership model.
• Learn breathing and focusing techniques that can reduce stress, improve productivity and boost emotional intelligence.
Pandit Dasa has spoken to many Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies. Some of the organizations he has spoken to are: Google, Citibank, IBM, State Farm, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Nationwide Insurance, SAP, Bank of America, AMC Theatres, Intel, WeWork, Royal Bank of Canada, AMC Networks, Novartis, Comcast, TD Ameritrade, JPMorgan Chase, The World Bank, World Government Summit, SHRM National Convention, Oracle HCM Convention and many others.
- Mindfulness and Resilience for Boosting Morale During Social Distancing
During our current time of change and uncertainty, our stress and anxiety levels can go through the roof. It is absolutely crucial for us to be able to maintain our physical, mental and emotional health so we can take care of ourselves, our family and remain productive in our professional life. This talk combined with writing exercises will address the following items:
· Importance of Positive Relationships
· The myth of multitasking
· Healthy Eating
· Unplugged Sleep
· Regular Exercise
· Maintaining a Personal Hobby
Participants will also learn the science behind mindfulness and will be virtually guided through a variety of mindfulness practices for reducing stress, improving productivity and emotional intelligence. Some of practices are as follows:
· Breathing - for stress reduction
· Focusing - for improving one's ability to concentrate and focus
· Gratitude - to shift to a more positive mindset
· Appreciation - develop appreciation for the contributions of our colleagues
· Personal Development - reflection on ways we can improve our character
- Developing Resilience During Change
Change breaks us out of our comfort zone and disrupts our routine making us feel uncomfortable. However, change is the biggest constant in our life. Most external changes are out of our control and can’t be avoided. What we can do is build resilience and begin to recognize that change is actually the most powerful thing that can happen to us to help us grow, mature and become stronger for the future challenges that are sure to come in our personal and professional life. This talk will help the audience understand practical ways in which our mindset can be shifted to see change as positive and not as a negative and help us accept the inevitability of change.
- Mindful Approach to Team Building
Trust is a foundational principle for successful teams. When team members trust each other, they are not worried about an individual looking after his or her personal interests. There is a mutual appreciation and recognition of each other’s’ contributions. Each individual is inspired to sacrifice for the team. Honest and mindful communication helps create this atmosphere and allows everyone to stay informed with no one kept in the dark – office cliques and politics are not tolerated. Mindfulness practices can help team members empathize with each other and build strong bonds, and learn to celebrate the success of each team member. This presentation will explore how to strengthen trust within teams and will guide individuals through mindfulness practices that can improve cooperation and empathy.
- Stress Management for Work Life Balance
Anxiety, insomnia, muscle tension, fatigue, high blood pressure and anger are just a few of the physical symptoms of stress. Stress not only affects your body, but also creates behaviors that can lead to social withdrawal. This presentation will explore the nature of our mind and the various factors in our lives that cause us stress. Audience members will learn simple meditation techniques that can nourish the mind, which will lead to increased focus, greater productivity, improved relationships and better health.
- Mindful Leadership: Walking the Talk and Developing Self-Awareness
Leaders set the tone and mood for the rest of the organization. To fully inspire and bring out the best from the workforce, leadership has to lead by example and “walk the talk.” They can’t say one thing and do another. To attract, engage and retain top talent, leaders need to create more human and employee-centered workplace environments.
This talk will address the importance for leadership of all levels to not only set the right example, but also, on a regular basis, appreciate the contributions of their workforce, communicate mindfully to encourage and inspire, lead with humility and without ego and manage their emotions. The research on mindfulness and its application for the workplace will also be presented.
After this keynote, participants will be able to:
1. Improve their level of self-awareness
2. Communicate mindfully and with compassion
3. Lead with confidence combined with humility
4. Better manage their emotions to remain calm during challenging situations
5. Implement mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve focus and productivity
- Creating a Mindful and Positive Workplace Culture
The growth and overall success of an organization is defined by its culture and leadership. A positive workplace culture enhances teamwork, collaboration and morale. As a result it boosts employee engagement, efficiency and retention.
This presentation will address the importance of creating an environment where ego battles aren’t driving the company down and where individuals are willing to put aside their own self-interest for the sake of the greater good. It encourages an environment where individuals are willing to appreciate the contributions of their co-workers instead of feeling threatened by them. The research on mindfulness and its application for the workplace will also be presented.
As a result of this keynote, the audience will be able to:
1. Communicate with awareness, clarity and compassion
2. Manage their emotions to handle conflicts
3. Develop a positive mindset towards individuals they don’t see eye-to-eye with
4. Express appreciation towards the work of their colleagues
5. Utilize mindfulness breathing and focusing techniques to lower stress and improve productivity