As president of client representation for sports and entertainment agency CSE, Molly spent two decades as one of the world’s only female sports agents. She was hailed as the “female Jerry Maguire” by CNN as she recruited and represented hundreds of sport’s biggest names, including Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz, PGA TOUR golfer Matt Kuchar, broadcaster Erin Andrews, and basketball championship coaches Tom Izzo and Doc Rivers.
As she successfully negotiated over $500 million in contracts and built lasting relationships, she also observed and adopted the traits of those at the top of their game. Molly shares her proven approach to negotiating in her company’s Game Changer Negotiation Training workshops, teaching people how to close more deals faster, while strengthening the relationship.
Molly has been featured in ESPN, Fast Company, Forbes and Sports Illustrated. A sought-after motivational speaker, she delivers game changing messages to top companies, trade associations, and teams worldwide.
Molly is the author of five books: Fearless At Work; A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating; The Business of Being the Best; The 5 Best Tools to Find Your Dream Career; and The Energy Clock.
Molly currently serves on the board of directors for the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) and the national advisory board for the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA).
Molly earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from Michigan State University while captaining the women’s tennis team. Molly’s energy and passion for life shines through everything she does. She finds her greatest joy at home in Atlanta with her husband Fred and their three daughters.
- The Five Negotiation Mistakes Everyone Makes
Negotiation is a critical business skill. Yet even the most experienced professionals make expensive mistakes that leave them feeling frustrated. Why? Because they haven’t been trained on the skills that matter. Effective negotiation is rooted in establishing trust and building relationships—one conversation at a time. Hailed as the “female Jerry Maguire” by CNN, Molly Fletcher shares her proven approach to negotiating based on two decades negotiating countless multi-million dollar deals as a sports agent in a competitive, high-stakes environment. With a mix of personal stories and practical insights, Molly captures the attention of your audience and empowers them to become master negotiators. The five mistakes:
1. Not Knowing Who You are Negotiating With: Know who you are negotiating with and what they value so you can navigate the conversation effectively.
2. Being too Transactional: Be relational; not transactional. When you are transactional, anyone can come in and take the business.
3. Getting Defensive: The best negotiators are curious problem-solvers. Instead of getting defensive, they ask the right questions and use curiosity to overcome disconnects.
4. Not leveraging the Pause:Too many words can cost you money. A pause is a powerful opportunity to create anticipation and gain clarity around where the conversation is going.
5. Not Asking with Confidence:The ask is not the end of the negotiation; it’s the start. Negotiation is a conversation and a relationship built over time.
- The Energy Clock
What separates the best from the rest? For two decades as a sports agent, Molly Fletcher had a front seat to watch what makes a world-class coach and athlete. One common thread to peak performance was that those who led the pack protected their energy and invested it for the best results. Managing your energy is essential to performance. Yet too many people fail to realize what they give their energy to. As a result, they burn out and feel exhausted with no energy for what matters most. You can’t create more hours in the day, but you can learn how to accomplish more meaningful work with more energy. The “Energy Clock” reimagines your time so bring energy to the most important priorities.
Learn how to:
· Give more of yourself to what’s most important and waste less time on everything else
· Conduct an energy audit for yourself and your team to realign your energy and your priorities
· Own your schedule to live and lead an energized life
- Unleash Your Potential
It often takes a crisis to create change in our lives. How can we create transformational change in the absence of crisis and unleash our true potential? Molly shares stories from her experiences as a successful sports agent and lessons from top athletes and coaches in the game. She outlines the 5-step process to unleashing your potential and achieving peak performance.
- Fearless At Work
Nothing extraordinary has ever happened by staying comfortable. What would happen if we traded comfort for courage? What if we traded obstacles for opportunity? What if we traded circumstances for vision? We would fear less and innovate more, and our fearlessness would influence the people we serve and the teams we lead. Molly’s message will have you ready to embrace change and break the mold.