Colene identifies turnover as not just an issue, but “the issue” facing all organizations. For how well you retain your employees influences every other facet of your business. Colene’s fresh take on this most important topic has made her a highly sought-after keynote speaker and consultant. Her new book, Retention: Key Mindsets that Retain Top Talent, released in May 2020 and is a great leadership training tool.
Colene is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with degrees in Organizational Communication and Public Speaking. She has worked for Walt Disney World Entertainment, Hyatt Hotel Sales, and as an HR professional in nonprofit, private and state government.
Colene is a professional speaker of the National Speakers Association; a certified speaker, trainer, and coach with the John Maxwell Team; a certified trainer for Vital Smarts Crucial Conversations; a senior certified HR professional (SHRM-SCP); a certified professional in human resources (PHR); a DISC certified consultant, and a partner with 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team (Patrick Lencioni & Wiley).
Higher Level Leadership and Teamwork: Through the Lens of Predictable Patterns of Behavior
The #1 reason people leave their job is their supervisor. Secondly, it is the lack of community within their organization. Now imagine you could knowthe core motivators of each individual you work with, along with the way they most like to be interacted with. Could this increase your ability to lead them?Could this help your team work more powerfully together?
This session will remove some of the mystery of why your co-workers be have and respond the way they do. When your talent is equipped with a greater understanding of themselves and others, the result is more engagement,retention, and profit.Program Objectives:
• Learn to connect with others by adapting to their dominant personalitystyle.
• Provides team members with a common vocabulary for describingtheir differences and similarities.
• Increase emotional intelligence byaccurately accessing personal strengthsand weaknesses.
Change the Conversation, Change the Culture: Increase Company Profits & Retention by Mastering Tough Talks
This eye-opening critical communication program is a must see as workplace communication becomes more of a challenge. As a certified conflict resolution expert, Colene gives practical tips to help attendees have conversations that address differences of opinion to resolve issues; she calls them Tough Talks.
High-stakes conversations take place, or are avoided, every day within your organization that have a profound effect on the bottom line. This presentation prioritizes and connects communication to business strategy by promoting dialogue that leads to superior decision making, builds trust and teamwork, and resolves issues more efficiently. The outcome will be a more creative and productive workforce with a low rate of turnover.
With the aid of video scenarios, this interactive program will provide attendees with immediate “take home” action items to strategically position leaders to initiate cultural change, from the C-Suite to the front desk, which lead to greater organizational profits and talent retention.Program Objectives:
• 5 steps that strategically change the culture of communication within your company for elevated profits and talent retention.
• Align communication with the values, vision, and mission of your organization to support corporate objectives.
• Influence organizational accountability that leads to superior decision making.
Leadership is More Than a Title: It’s Influence
This presentation by author and talent management expert, Colene Rogers, SHRM-SCP, will meet leaders at any stage in their leadership development journey. With a blend of leadership principles, storytelling and inspiring video, Colene shares the traits of great leaders. Participants will walk away on a path to greater leadership development and motivated to put their new leadership tools to work.
Life will present you with countless opportunities to lead. Will you be prepared to seize them or will you let others take the high ground? The good news is that leadership is a learnable skill. Acquire the skills that elite leaders exhibit and watch your success soar to greater heights. Fail to acquire these skills and any company or organization will see you as limited in value. This presentation will meet you at any stage in your leadership development journey. With a blend of leadership principles, storytelling and inspiring video, Colene shares the traits of great leaders. Participants will walk away on a path to greater leadership development and motivated to put their new leadership tools to work.Program Objectives:
• Learn the levels of leadership that enable leaders to maximize their level of influence for greater organizational success.
• Achieve a greater understanding of the correlation between effective leadership and employee retention.
• Learn the tangible and intangible costs of losing and replacing an employee of any position in your organization.
Laying the Foundation for High Performing Teams
Expecting your leaders to deliver high-performance results within a culture characterized by a lack of trust, where undocumented processes and targets prevent holding specific individuals accountable to them, is expecting too much.
This session will present the infrastructure that every organization must have in place that makes high performance possible, and the practices that prevent its erosion. HR professionals and leaders will walk away equipped with profitable solutions to share with the C-Suite of their company, that give the competitive edge.Program Objectives:
• Learn the tools and techniques that create authentic transparency which leads to the essential ingredient of organizational trust.
• The importance of identifying high-level organizational metrics that serve as a continuous leading indicator of success or failure.
• Learn how to document all organizational processes to achieve greater results.
• How to engage with conflict, not avoid it, around issues and decisions that are key to organizational success.
Retention: Key Mindsets that Retain Top Talent
Colene Roger’s newest keynote presentation is based on her book, Retention: Key Mindsets That Retain Top Talent. With 20 years of HR experience, she understands that organizations are looking for solutions to find and keep their employees. In this session, Colene takes attendees on a journey through the life cycle that every employee goes through upon entering an organization and the factors that determine their ultimate decision to stay or leave.
Company leaders identify recruiting and retaining qualified employees as their biggest challenge. When you lose your most talented employees it diminishes productivity, disrupts leadership, and reduces morale. This all amounts to an assault on the primary purpose of any business, to make a profit. Companies are looking for solutions but one person can’t tackle this problem alone; it must be a company-wide initiative.
The solution lies in understanding that every employee has a mindset about the company they work for which reflects the level of commitment they have for the organization. In this presentation you will learn to identify the dominant mindset employees have for your company and how to positively influence and change it. You will learn solutions that are repeatable and sustainable, designed to improve your employee’s work experience so they continually say “I want to work here.”Program Objectives:
• Learn the 4 mindsets that reveal the level of commitment you can expect from any employee.
• Learn how to discover the mindset of your employees and forecast future job vacancies
• Discover the true cost of turnover and how to calculate it per position.
• Learn the 5 components of Retention Architecture that any company needs to retain more of their employees.
• Learn the 5 desired outcomes produced by Retention Architecture that can transform you into the company employees never want to leave.