On stage, Colene is entertaining, inspirational and informative; using the power of story to engage and bring her points to life. She honed her stage skills by spending many years as a theater actress, director and also as a Walt Disney entertainer.
Colene identifies turnover as not just an issue, but “the issue” facing all organizations. For how well you retain your employees influences every other facet of your business. Colene’s fresh take on this most important topic has made her a highly sought-after keynote speaker and consultant. Her new book, Retention: Key Mindsets that Retain Top Talent, released in May 2020 and is a great leadership training tool.
Colene is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with degrees in Organizational Communication and Public Speaking. She has worked for Walt Disney World Entertainment, Hyatt Hotel Sales, and as an HR professional in nonprofit, private and state government.
Colene is the author of Retention: Key Mindsets That Retain Top Talent. She shares how to create a culture that moves your employees to think of your organization as the top mindset – A Career Company – the company they never want to leave.
Colene is a professional speaker of the National Speakers Association; a certified speaker, trainer, and coach with the John Maxwell Team; a certified trainer for Vital Smarts Crucial Conversations; a senior certified HR professional (SHRM-SCP) and a certified professional in human resources (PHR).
- The Future of HR: Strategic Partnerships that Create Acquisition, Engagement and Retention Solutions
What initiatives does HR need to lead for future talent acquisition, engagement, and retention? With more jobs than candidates to fill them, organizations are looking to HR to resolve the issue. So often, supervisors will say, "I never saw it coming"; when one of their emerging leaders decides to leave. What were the warning signs and why did they remain invisible and undetected by the HR and more importantly the Supervisor?
1. Learn how HR can establish mission-critical internal partnerships within their organization to increase talent retention.
2. Learn how to align HR's strategic plan with the organization's strategic plan and implement strategic talent acquisition and retention initiatives.
3. Develop key business/performance metrics and utilize tools such as a turnover calculator to monitor/control turnover and add to the organization's bottom line.
1. HR will earn instant credibility and sustained confidence with the C-suite by learning how to accurately reflect the true cost of turnover.
2. Discover how HR can be a catalyst for creating a culture of engagement and accountability on every level of the organization.
3. Influence leadership and staff at all levels to support organizational change even if they are naturally change-resistant.
4. Hear real-life examples of companies who have implemented ways to disrupt HR and challenge the way things have always been done.
- Virtual Leadership Mastermind Group
Can you afford to sit back while your competitors are pursuing new opportunities?
As our economy pulls out of its viral descent and turns its engines back on, a few scenarios are playing out. Sadly, some companies will not survive the downturn. Others are biding their time licking their wounds. And then there are those who are pursuing new opportunities that now exist in the marketplace. What about you? Can you afford to sit back while your competitors are actively pursuing new opportunities? Your future success depends on the quality of your leadership and the employees who follow them. Employees who work for effective leaders stay with the company longer and grow in ability and value. Both will be necessary in the days ahead. In Colene’s book Retention: Key Mindsets That Retain Top Talent, she provides expert insights on developing strong leaders and creating a culture that employees never want to leave. I share these same insights in virtual keynote presentations, virtual leadership development and executive coaching.
Call me and let’s talk about how we can work together and create a retention program for your company.
- A Drama Free Life: Learn How to Communicate with Anyone
As a former actress with 30 years on the stage, Colene learned a lot about dialogue and the power of words. Eventually she traded the drama of the theater for that of an HR Professional. In this presentation Colene shares simple communication principles to keep the drama out of the office and on the stage where it belongs. Colene’s stories and videos will resonate with each attendee and give them the confidence that they can have successful conversations that resolve differences of opinion. She calls them Tough Talks.
- Someone is Going to Lead: Why Not You?
This presentation by author and talent management expert, Colene Rogers, SHRM-SCP, will meet leaders at any stage in their leadership development journey. With a blend of leadership principles, storytelling and inspiring video, Colene shares the traits of great leaders. Participants will walk away on a path to greater leadership development and motivated to put their new leadership tools to work.
- Retention: Key Mindsets That Retain Top Talent
Colene Roger’s newest keynote presentation is based on her book, Retention: Key Mindsets That Retain Top Talent. With 20 years of HR experience, she understands that organizations are looking for solutions to find and keep their employees. In this session, Colene takes attendees on a journey through the life cycle that every employee goes through upon entering an organization and the factors that determine their ultimate decision to stay or leave.