This strong core foundation was instilled early in Lee’s life as he held the position of captain of the Penn State football team, and later went on to serve as a Human Resource Executive building senior leadership teams for some of the countries’ most prominent corporations which have become dominate leaders in their industries.
Lee has emerged as one of the most engaging and sought-after voices across the country with his unique ability to understand and articulate winning principles with tremendous clarity and practical application on team building, leadership, and peak performance.
Lee has collaborated with and taken the stage for leading Fortune 500 Companies, like Johnson & Johnson, Sony, and JP Morgan, to name a few, as well as collegiate and professional sports teams and organizations across the country.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in Speech Communications, with a minor in Business from Penn State University. Rubin received a full athletic scholarship to play football for the Nittany Lions. Lee was a three-year starting free safety, the 1994 Florida Citrus Bowl Defensive MVP, and an All-Big Ten Conference selection and an Honorable Mention All-American.
Lee was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, and raised in Central New Jersey. Lee and his lovely wife, Carmen, have been blessed with two beautiful daughters.
- Five Components of Extraordinary Teams: Team Building Keynote
Machines are evaluated based on the output of the entire unit, not the impressiveness of their individual parts. Extraordinary teams, like great machines, require certain components that hold their pieces together. While most organizations focus exclusively on building the skills of their individual members, elite organizations invest in the “stuff” that transforms a collection of talented individuals into extraordinary, machine-like teams.
• Individuals must make sacrifices to achieve the team’s COMMON GOAL
• Open and honest COMMUNICATION is the foundation for trust
• Daily, focused discipline is the key to CONSISTENCY
- Don’t Just Play…Win!: Peak Performance Keynote
Peak Performers think differently than everyone else – including others with more “natural” ability. During this engaging keynote, Lee explores the characteristics found among the high achievers across industries and disciplines. Lee masterfully weaves vivid stories with universal truths into a memorable experience. Audiences leave inspired and equipped to apply the lessons learned, and take their performance to new heights.
• Developing a clear sense of IDENTITY is critical to reaching your full potential.
• Setting specific and lofty GOALS will drive you past your comfort zone.
• Winners embrace ADVERSITY and leverage their challenges for individual and team growth.
- Five Characteristics of a Championship Culture
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are critical issues that require constant attention. Leaders who are having lasting success in those areas are focusing their efforts on building a championship culture. Any efforts to manufacture quantitative results without doing the deeper work of creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to bring their best selves to work each day, will be short-lived. This insightful, engaging talk identifies the specific areas of focus that contribute to a championship culture.
Specifically, championship cultures are identified by:
• Team members who leverage a diverse collection of individual strengths to achieve a COMMON GOAL
• Open & Honest COMMUNICATION to foster a culture of trust.
• CHEMISTRY: Challenges are embraced as opportunities to learn and grow as a team
• CURIOSITY: Team members seek first to understand the uniqueness of fellow team members and value their perspectives
• CONSISTENCY: Since there are no quick fixes, teams make a long-term commitment to the behaviors that contribute to a culture of inclusion