• He is responsible for connecting and building the creator community while advocating for diversity, inclusion, and representation online.
• A torchbearer for authenticity, Kudzi shares inspirational career advice to motivate professionals and creatives to embrace their personal stories to drive impactful results.
• He also advocates for making the world of luxury lifestyle more inclusive which he displays with Sir Candle Man, his candle-loving account which aims to bring a new, relatable, diverse, and inclusive voice to the fragrance industry.
• Kudzi has been listed in Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 list and The Hollywood Reporter's Next Gen: Hollywood’s 35 Rising Executives 35 and Under.
Kudzi was born in Zimbabwe and grew up in South Africa which informed his strong views on race relations and diversity across the world. He began his business career as an accountant and management consultant at Deloitte in South Africa. After which he enrolled at the Stanford Graduate School of Business where he completed his MBA before starting his career in the entertainment industry.
A torchbearer for authenticity, Kudzi is also an advocate for making the world of luxury lifestyle more inclusive which he displays in his candle-loving accounts as "Sir Candle Man" which aims to bring a new, relatable, diverse, and inclusive voice to the fragrance industry. Sir Candle Man has been featured in The Hollywood Reporter, WWD, NY Mag, and on The Rachael Ray Show.
Kudzi lives in Los Angeles and has been listed in Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 list, The Hollywood Reporter's Next Gen: Hollywood’s 35 Rising Executives 35 and Under. He received ADCOLOR's Innovator Award, a distinction that recognizes "an employee who embodies progress and imagination," and who consistently "stands out among peers as an inclusion game changer and brilliant pioneer in their role, creating breakthrough developments and/or improvements, whether tangible or intangible." More recently, Kudzi was awarded AdWeek's Experiential Executive of The Year, The Culture Creators Tech Honoree, and Variety's Hollywood's New Leaders.
The Future of Digital: Emerging Trends and Communities on Social Media
Between emerging technologies and culture-driven trends, there are constantly new ways to leverage digital spaces. As Global Head of Creator Marketing at TikTok, Kudzi Chikumbu is tapped into the communities - and micro-communities - that are driving tremendous change online.
In this talk, Kudzi discusses the aspects that make social media a unique platform to discover new and diverse voices and the important cultural understanding marketers need to authentically reach these communities. Kudzi shares with audiences the trends he has seen develop, what he believes the future holds, and how marketers can use this information to discover and target new audiences.
Being Who You Are and Creating the Life You Want
When Kudzi started his career, he didn’t set out to become the Global Head of Creator Marketing at Tik Tok - partly because neither the role nor the company existed at the time. However, Kudzi was preparing himself for this role throughout his life simply by living authentically. After working as an accountant and consultant at Deloitte, he took a leap of faith to follow his long-time ambition to monetize his creative mindset. In this talk, Kudzi will discuss how the combination of being authentic and entrepreneurial can lead to success in any industry. He will also highlight the 5 guiding principles that have led him through the pivotal moments along his journey as a creator and an executive:
• Have a clear why. This is your guiding light.
• Have a creator mindset - you can create your best life. Take action.
• Be authentic and trust your instincts.
• Build a community. We are stronger together so make friends, help others, and ask for help (in that order).
• Pivot when you need to. You can change your why.
Audiences will walk away with actionable takeaways to bring their full selves to everything they do and, in turn, create the life and career they want.
Showing Up Online: How to Build An Authentic Digital Presence
Whether building your personal brand or managing a global company, social media is essential. As Global Head of Creator Marketing at Tik Tok, Kudzi Chikumbu is equipped to provide audiences with a crash course in how to show up digitally - and the perils of doing it wrong. From expanding your customer base to building a network to self-expression, he explores the limitless potential of the full digital landscape. In this talk, Kudzi will provide a step-by-step guide to finding your audience and connecting with them authentically online. Audience takeaways include:
• How and where to start telling your story
• How to stand out with all the noise and connect with an audience
• How to be ahead of the game
• How to fix it when things go wrong
• The often-missed secret to success when building a brand online