A graduate of Loyola Marymount University w/ his B.A. in Psychology & a Minor in Chicano Studies, Ernie has developed his own unique form of Comedy he calls “Latino Edutainment – Educating and Entertaining with a Latino Flavor!” and has performed for the country’s top organizations & corporations, including Pepsi-Co, Disney, General Mills, Warner Bros, the U.S. Armed Forces, the National Council de la Raza, the Latin American Educational Foundation, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, U.S. Hispanic Leadership Institute, Lockheed Martin, NASA: Langley Research Center & St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Ernie G was honored by the City of Los Angeles with the 1st-ever Mario Moreno “Cantínflas” Award for “...representing the Latino community with the same humor and distinction as the legendary Mario Moreno “Cantínflas!” He also received the Nix Financial “Father of the Community Award” & the Hispanic Heritage Foundation’s “Influential Leader” Award for his Empowering, Transformational word in the Latino Community.
Ernie’s heart has always been with Inner-City & Foster Youth, having delivered Leadership & Mental Health Programs for many City & County Orgs, including California Children's Services, Foster Care Agencies and the L.A. County Probation Department. He has received rave reviews for his work with U.S. Gov’t Agencies, such as the U.S. Treasury Department & the U.S. Census Bureau. He has delivered the Key Note Address at numerous High School & College/University Graduations, including UCLA’s RAZA Grad, and has delivered several powerful TEDx Talks on Leadership & his phenomenal work as a Mental Health Coach. He is also the Education Program Director for “WeRiseUP: The Movie & Movement!” The Most Inspirational Documentary Film of 2020.
Empowerment Comedy Student Assembly
Not only Hilarious and Entertaining, but Educational, Inspirational & Powerful!
• Own Your Power! "You are a Beautiful, Powerful, Educated Person!"
• Love & Embrace every piece of who you are, including the “Survivor” within!
• Being from the "El Barrio" or the “Hood” is something to be PROUD of, not ashamed of!
• Despite whatever challenges you have been through, you CAN Achieve Greatness!
• "If it is to Be, it is Up to Me!!" Taking Personal Responsibility for our Lives & Education!
• Honor Your Parents! They ARE the REASON we "get to be" who we are today!
• “He/She who Angers You, Controls You!” Mental Health Awareness through Comedy!
• Taking Pride in our neighborhoods, our barrios, our schools & our community!
• The Power of Forgiveness - Dealing with our Anger, and turning Anger into Passion!
• Ultimately, you must Be Who YOU were Meant to Be! We Must "Let Our Light Shine!"
This Assembly is VERY Powerful, I look forward to sharing it with your students!
Leadership Development & Mental Health Workshop (2-3 hours)
Through this workshop, we teach Emotional Intelligence, which is rarely taught in schools, yet, is at the very core of what EVERY Student is dealing with! We take a group of students (20-30 is Ideal, but we've done it with as many as 60-70), and guide them from merely being school mates to becoming Intimate Friends, almost “A Familia” in 2-3 hours!
We play a few Ice Breaker Games, a great Team Building Exercise & then we play a very Intimate Game we call "Up Side/Down Side" which encourages students to "Open Up" and "Tell their Story!" Once a Student truly "Shares their Story" vulnerably & authentically, other students are Touched, Moved & Inspired to share their story. Then, the domino effect takes place and students begin truly sharing themselves, one after the other and what follows is a Life-Altering experience students never forget.
We can help ideate, source and book speakers that aren't on our website, too. Leave an inquiry or call us at