*Photo Credit: Ashlee Burke
Peter Sheahan is known internationally for his innovative business thinking and thought leadership. In his highly customized presentations, Peter Sheahan helps audiences around the globe identify and profit from the newest and hottest business trends taking the marketplace by storm and how to spot potential new market opportunities to gain the competitive advantage in today’s ever-changing, fast-paced world.
Founder & Group CEO of Karrikins Group, Sheahan is known internationally for his innovative business thinking and thought leadership. With staff in more than 23 cities across 7 countries, he knows firsthand the challenges of growing a business in these rapidly-changing times.
Peter has advised leaders from companies as diverse as Apple, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Hyundai, IBM, Pfizer, Wells Fargo, and Cardinal Health. He is the author of six books, including international bestsellers Fl!p and Generation Y, Making It Happen and and the soon to be released Matter.
Peter has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to over 500,000 people in 20 different countries, and he has been named one of the 25 Most Influential Speakers in the World by the National Speakers Association, and is the youngest person ever to be inducted into their industry Hall of Fame.
About Karrikins Group
Karrikins Group is a global growth-oriented consulting firm with deep expertise in business growth and community investment. The goal of the organization is to elevate clients to be the obvious choice in the hearts and minds of their customers, communities and employees. Karrikins Group lives at the intersection of commercial gain and social impact, and their work reflects the positive influence they have on the world. By transforming the way people think, act and buy, Karrikins Group is able to solve the most complex problems that arise where tensions exist between legacy approaches and future opportunity.
Most Requested Topics:
- Matter: Create More Value, Move Beyond the Competition and Become the Obvious Choice!: How do you become the obvious choice in the hearts and minds of your customers, employees and community? The answer is value. You either create more value than your competitors or you don’t. The more important question is how? In this case-study-rich and highly insightful presentation, Peter Sheahan will:
-Show you how to escape commoditization and compete beyond price
-Help you identify your most valuable edge of disruption
-Offer road map for becoming a thought leader in your marketplace and influence more senior buyers as a result
-Inspire you to lean into complexity, solve higher-order problems and become the disruptor
If you want to turn challenge into opportunity and change into competitive advantage, then join Peter for an inspiring, evidence-based approach to creating more value in your marketplace.
- FL!P: Proven Strategies for Turning Challenge into Opportunity and Change into Competitive Advantage: The fact that the world is changing is not new to anyone. The more important question is: what do we need to do in the face of this change? With deep experience accelerating transformation in some of the world’s most innovative companies, and as founder and CEO of Karrikins Group, a growth-focused consulting firm with operations in more than 23 cities around the world, Peter Sheahan knows firsthand how to take disruption and turn it to our advantage.
In this case-study-rich session, Peter will explore best practices from multiple industries that have experienced transformative change, and unpack the key insights from those who profited from the change compared to those that became victims to it. Specifically, he will discuss:
-The role assumptions play in blinding us to new opportunities
-The importance of clarity and alignment in our strategic response to change
-The need to take manageable risks to drive innovation
-Collaborating across the value chain to exploit new opportunities
- Talent (R)evolution: Are your leaders getting the most from their people? Are you attracting and retaining the best possible talent? In Talent Revolution, best-selling author, and architect of dozens of powerful human capital strategies for organizations around the world, Peter Sheahan’s case-study-rich session will:
-Help you understand the changing expectations of talent so you can transform your organization into a magnet for smart and engaged people
-Explore the changing nature of leadership and outline new models for developing capability in your organization and driving the alignment of people and strategy
-Share proven approaches to driving collaboration inside and outside your four walls and harness the discretionary efforts of people on and off your payroll
-Give you direct insight into what some of the world’s best companies are doing to win the war for talent
In today’s hypercompetitive world, talent is your source of competitive advantage. This session will put you on the cutting edge of this critical strategic issue.
- Making it Happen, Unleashing the Entrepreneurial Spirit and Turning Your Good Ideas into Great Results: There is no shortage of ideas in the world. There is a shortage of people with the ability to transform those ideas into reality. Combining the need for imagination and action, ‘Making it Happen’ will go deep into the secrets of positioning ideas, products and services in a way that makes people not only pay attention, but to part with their time, money and energy. There is no point having a new idea, developing your new strategy or embarking on a journey of transformation if your people can’t make it happen in the real world.
- Making Money in the Cracks - Counter-Intuitive Strategies for Finding and Exploiting New Market Opportunities: Unleash innovation in your company by knowing how to find the opportunity in the “white space”. Inspire leaders to take the risks necessary to make money in the white space and discover creative solutions to business problems by facilitating interdisciplinary thought. Attendees will learn how to build structures that not only generate, but shine light on the best ideas in your business and how to break the cultural norms that squash the innovative new ideas you need to thrive.