Patrick is one of the nation’s leading experts on government succession and workforce planning and has designed and implemented organization-wide programs for a number of public-sector agencies. He also is highly skilled in partnering with elected and appointed officials in developing forward-looking results based strategic plans, designing and presenting competency-based learning/training workshops for employees from all levels throughout your organization, and creating and implementing integrated solutions to optimize people, processes and technology to achieve superior performance.
Patrick holds two advanced degrees, a Master’s in Public Administration and a Masters in Organizational Development. He is certified in Facilitation Skills by Development Dimensions International (DDI) and by the Center for Creative Leadership for assessment and performance support tools (i.e. 360-Degree Assessments).
A frequent speaker at conferences of professions within government including ICMA, NLC, GFOA, along with several others, Patrick shares practical strategies to leaders in their pursuit to move their organization forward in all directions. He also authors articles offering specific actions government leaders and managers can implement to immediately improve organizational performance.
- Best Practices: The Enemy of Innovation
- Creativity and Cooking: A Recipe for Success
- Government: Factory, Enterprise or Both?
- R.A.P.I.D. Innovation: Converting Ideas into Results
- Running Government Like a Start Up
- Reimagining Leadership
- Leading Change isn’t a Spectator Sport
- Revolutionizing Government in the 21st Century
- Sense of Place: The Value of Government
- Six Ways to Engineer Employee Engagement
- “We’ve Always Done It This Way” is Over: Transforming from Status Quo to Status Go Your Leadership Playbook
Succession Planning and Talent Management
- From Typewriters to Texting: Communicating Across Generations
- Next Government Workforce
- Building a Talent Centric Organization
- Talent Management: The Next Phase of Government Succession Planning
- Government’s Crucial Employer Brand
We can help ideate, source and book speakers that aren't on our website, too. Leave an inquiry or call us at