Amelia is the President of the Fly With Amelia Foundation, a non-profit organization that grants flight-training scholarships to young women, aged sixteen to eighteen. The Fly With Amelia Foundation also fosters aviation and aerospace opportunities for people of all ages through aviation-based educational STEM opportunities, in partnership with Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum in Denver, CO.
Amelia has been a passionate aviatrix since her first flight lesson at the age of twenty-one, a seeker of all things adventurous and is an accomplished public speaker, spending the last 8 years working as a television news anchor, covering breaking news, traffic and weather in Denver and Los Angeles. Amelia was given the Amelia Earhart Pioneering Achievement Award in 2013 and in 2014 was named by the Jaycees as one of the "Top Ten Young Americans".
- Leading Through Turbulence: Create Your Flight Plan and Building Your Team For Success
Crawl into the cockpit and become a better decision maker. Grow your leadership skills and take control of your aircraft. Tailored to fit your group’s specific goals and challenges, Amelia’s “Leading Through Turbulence” can be a keynote or an extended workshop.
Your team will come away with a pilot’s mindset, a perspective sure to distinguish their ideas and determination from the crowd. The only airplane without turbulence is one that never leaves the hanger.
Some of the best ideas are never fulfilled because the destination is unclear and the journey is not mapped. In this keynote, Amelia Rose Earhart helps attendees reach their destination from take-off to landing. Using the strategies she used to fly around the world, Amelia’s content is both inspiring and thought provoking.
Amelia shares the same fundamentals she used on her flight, which are needed for business success:
• Overcome self doubt
• Be clear on your destination
• Create a successful flight plan
• Trust your flight crew
• Execute on the fly
• Believe in the journey
• Embrace the turbulence
- Learning to Love the Turbulence: Embracing Difficulty and Change Once Your Goal is Airborne
When we set our minds toward any big goal, we imagine creating our plan and executing it to completion. We tell ourselves that if we work hard enough, we will soar from Point A to Point B gracefully, leaving others to wonder how we ever pulled it off. We begin our journey and everything seems fine. The wind is at our backs and the view is spectacular. Suddenly, there's a terrifying jolt. We've been thrown off course by something we never saw coming: turbulence. Suddenly, our well thought out plan is thrown out the window. We are now in crisis mode. THIS was NOT supposed to happen. Which way is up? Who is on our team? Is there ANY safe place to land? This is the point where we have to ask ourselves if we are doomed for a crash landing or if we are willing to learn to love the turbulence.
1. Become the pilot of your life with this flight-based leadership training that is perfect for any audience looking to advance their career and reach their goals.
2. Learn to embrace and overcome obstacles.
3. Create a personal flight log tailored toward your own personal and professional goals, filled with eight weeks of content to propel your journey.
4. Your team will come away with a pilot’s mindset, determination, and a perspective sure to distinguish their ideas from the crowd.