Bloom began her career as a world-class skier. While training as a pre-teen she was diagnosed with severe scoliosis and had to undergo surgery that the doctors said would end her athletic career. A year later, fully recovered, she was back on the slopes. She later joined the U.S. Ski Team and at 21 years old was ranked No. 3 in North America in moguls, but her Olympic dreams would go unrealized as she left the team to pursue other projects. This led her to what she thought would be a year sabbatical in LA.
Molly was finishing her degree in Political Science from the University of Colorado – Boulder, and was in the process of applying to top tier Law Schools, when her assistant job turned her into an accidental entrepreneur, running one of the most exclusive, high-stakes underground poker games in the world, pulling in as much as $4 million per year. What happened next is where her story truly begins.
Molly shares her life story and the skills she learned along the way with thousands, as one of the most highly sought after motivational speakers in the world. Her experience catering to high profile celebrity clientele while running the most exclusive, high-stakes underground poker game of all time made Molly an expert on customer experience and she offers key insights on how to provide exemplary service in a riveting keynote.
Molly offers a variety of keynote topics to choose from that will teach audiences how to develop a champion mindset and overcome setbacks.
- Understanding Risk and Beating the Odds: From the US Ski Team Champion Who Went From Olympic Hopeful to Running the Largest High-Stakes Underground Poker Game in the World
In this engaging session, learn from champion athlete, top booked keynote speaker, best selling author and scrappy entrepreneur Molly Bloom, on lessons from her athletic background and hosting thousands of hours of high stakes poker, business and hustle with the world’s most prolific people in business, entertainment and politics. Participants learn Molly’s framework for managing risk, building courage, designing strategy and the perseverance to stick with it. This is a great presentation for sales, marketing, leadership and general audiences, who want to learn a new framework and be entertained in the process – with Hollywood stories, intrigue and some inside scoop on how the world really operates.
- Molly’s Playbook for Success: Champion Mindset
Molly Bloom shares her playbook for winning, derived from her experiences skiing for the US Ski Team, running the largest poker games in the world, writing a best-selling memoir, and making an Oscar-nominated movie. She breaks her philosophy for growth and success down into 7 major points over the course of her presentation, which audiences will leave invigorated, informed, and primed for their own success.
Molly will cover:
• The importance of unequivocally believing in yourself, backed by Carol Dweck’s research into growth mindset and its influence on children in underperforming school districts.
• The science of overcoming fear through a combination of taking calculated risks, breathwork and meditation.
• Cultivating power via a process of self-accountability and reflection.
• Making use of mindfulness to cultivate resilience, which pays off more in the long run that connections and talent.
• Finding allies and becoming an ally for others.
• The art of pivoting when it comes time to move on to the next venture, and making a clean break with the past.
• How to cultivate relationships with absolutely anyone through the use of human psychology and your own authentic self.
- Make Every Customer Feel like a High Roller
Molly Bloom didn’t know a thing about running a poker business when she was asked to set up the most exclusive high stakes poker game in Hollywood. She was faced with the daunting question: how do you create an experience that will keep the rich and famous coming back when they can go anywhere to play poker? Molly found if she built a unique customer culture, not only would players come back, the game would become so exclusive that everyone would want to be a part of it. In this exciting and informative talk, Bloom shows how she created an experience like no other for her players and how you can apply the same principles for creating an exclusive experience for your customers.
- Bet on Yourself and You’ll Always Win: Overcoming setbacks
How do you come back from a failure? After the FBI arrested Molly Bloom and confiscated all her earnings from her poker business, she could have given up. Instead, she used the same lessons she learned from her father that led her to come back from back surgery to be ranked No. 3 in North America in moguls, to overcome this setback. She wrote the bestselling memoir, Molly’s Game, convinced Aaron Sorkin to write the screenplay, and the film earned an Oscar nomination for Best Screenplay. In this inspiring talk, Bloom will share true stories and life lessons showing that when you bet on yourself in business, you can always win.
- Molly's Game: The True Story of the Woman Behind the Most Exclusive, High-Stakes Underground Poker Game in the World
What’s it like to run an exclusive poker game for the rich and famous? Molly Bloom went from olympic-level skier who didn’t know a thing about poker or Hollywood to building and operating the largest and most notorious private poker game in the world. In this motivational talk, Bloom will show the sales and marketing skills she used to attract hundreds of millions of dollars to the game and spark the interest of players like Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, A-Rod, and Ben Affleck. Audiences will get the inside story not shown in the film as Bloom shares true-life tales of her experience.