As Co-founder of Good Company Consulting, she’s sought after for her bold take on building workplaces that prioritize the human experience while simultaneously increasing the bottom line. Hannah’s dedicated the past decade to researching people at work - not just top talent and leadership - but everyone in between. She’s discovered a strangely well-kept secret for recruiting and retaining the workforce of the future: the best recipe for organizational success is rooted in mindfulness, empathy, and kindness.
Hannah’s work is a fresh approach to the standard (and outdated) workplace narrative. Not afraid to ask the hard questions, she pushes audiences towards self-inquiry to help them become better leaders, better managers, and better colleagues.
With heart, deep conviction, and a good dose of self-deprecating humor, Hannah will sweep you along on a journey of insights that lead to deep, lasting mindset shifts about how work works. A passionate speaker and consummate professional, she’s energized by her audiences and brings her full self to each and every presentation.
- THE ALCHEMY OF TRUST: Building teams that really work
Establishing trust at work is no simple matter. People have devoted entire lives trying to pinpoint that special, almost magical alchemy behind cohesive, collaborative, and trusting teams. While every organization is different, and no two teams will be the same, there are some core concepts that can help leaders craft their own cultures of trust. In this presentation, we identify common (and sometimes surprising) barriers and break down the key ingredients required to build strong, truly trusting teams. From consistent messaging to embracing candor, to admitting vulnerabilities and extending grace, The Alchemy of Trust highlights the “why” and demystifies the “how,” all while providing actionable insights that can be implemented the very next day.
• How to establish psychological safety so employees feel confident taking calculated, innovative risks
• Critical, sometimes counterintuitive mindsets that will create buy-in and help bridge gaps across teams
• Case studies from organizations that have figured out how to successfully build trust, be it in-person or in a virtual or hybrid setting
- WHY CONNECTIONS AT WORK MATTER: Strategies to build relationships authentically
Technology has changed the way we work, in ways both good and bad. With much of our communication shifting from face-to-face to screen-to-screen, building authentic work relationships is harder now than ever before. With study after study citing strong professional relationships as a key factor for engagement, motivation, and work satisfaction, now is the time to acquire the skills to build and maintain connections at work. In this presentation, we identify what’s getting in the way of connecting authentically at work, explore strategies to shape stronger teams, and present best practices from organizations that have discovered the secret sauce to building communities of supportive and interconnected peers.
• How to remove barriers that prevent meaningful relationships at work
• Using a people-first approach to create a sense of belonging and appreciation
• Overcoming the need to be “perfect,” and instead, learning how to show up as your authentic self
- RECLAIMING WORK: Finding your flow in the chaotic times
The workforce is struggling. Struggling to stay motivated, to prioritize tasks and remain productive, and even struggling to find the energy to just show up. With terms like brain fog, languishing, burnout, and pandemic fatigue hovering over our day-to-day, it’s no surprise that engagement is faltering and people feel like they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel. But the show must go on! And leaders are scratching their heads trying to figure out how to reinvigorate employees who are overworked and exhausted. The good news? It is actually possible to reclaim some control over how we show up at work, even in the midst of trying times. This presentation offers a path forward by presenting concrete strategies to reclaim control over focus, attention, motivation, and productivity. Through research that validates why you’re feeling the way you are and tools that can help you break through the fog, this presentation answers the question, “how can I feel motivated again?”
• Tactics to eliminate distractions and find your focus
• Tools to prioritize your workload and maximize efficiency
• Ideas to reignite your energy and help you stay motivated and on track
• Mindset shifts around how to do your best at work while being mindful of well-being
- WORK REIMAGINED: Critical Shifts for Today's Workplace
We are boldly striding into a brave new world of work. As organizations, leaders, and employees try to reconcile what it means to “return to the office,” so many questions are being asked about what this next normal should look like. Do we start from scratch? Do we go back to the way things were? Do we tackle the challenges of hybrid work? With all these questions comes all the anxiety. And while it might be tempting to return to what was familiar and comfortable before, we need to take recent lessons to heart and courageously create a work environment that serves both the organization and the humans doing the work. A workplace reimagined is one that leads with a people-first approach, proactively creates a burnout-free but productive culture, and embraces flexible policies without sacrificing the connection and collaboration of in-person work. It might feel daunting, but it is doable—and this presentation shows you how.
• Framework to shift your mindset and reimagine the future of work
• The Do’s and Don’ts of returning to work
• Fresh insights on how to prevent and manage stress during change
• Techniques to spot hybrid work hazards before they happen
• Practical strategies to redesign how you motivate, engage, and lead
- MAKING #HYBRIDWORK AWESOME: Best practices for a hybrid work world
2020 and its aftermath have turned our world upside down. There is no part of our lives that has been left unchanged, and work is no exception. As we get to our “next normal” and explore what it means to create exceptional hybrid work environments, we can’t just assume that previous practices will produce similar results. With very real issues emerging—think virtual meeting fatigue, lingering pandemic burnout, lack of motivation, rising feelings of disconnection and isolation—it’s time to rethink how we approach company culture. From bringing intentionality to our communication to fostering a sense of belonging, to reimagining camaraderie and community when we’re not gathered in one physical space and place, this presentation examines what we need in order to create an awesome, energized work environment, no matter where people are working from.
• A better understanding of the shifts needed for a truly dynamic hybrid workplace
• Practical strategies to redesign how you communicate, connect, and collaborate
• Best practices from organizations with proven awesome virtual and hybrid workplaces