Most recently, he has played a prominent role in the debate over health care reform, and addressing social determinants of health. He has also been working on a wide range of other issues, including the future of higher education, economic mobility, budget process reform and federal entitlement reform.
Stuart Butler was born in Shrewsbury, England and emigrated to the United States in 1975. He was educated at St. Andrews University in Scotland, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in physics and mathematics in 1968, a Master of Arts degree in economics and history in 1971, and a Ph.D. in American economic history in 1978.
- How to Get the Debt and Deficit Under Control
- Is the American Dream Over?
- Why and How Higher Education Faces Radical Change
- How to Deal with the Costly Challenge of Long Term Care
- Why and How States Can Fix Health Care
- How to Reform Medicare
- Controlling Health Care Costs: What Are Our Choices?
- What is the Future of the Affordable Care Act?