Bruce has an overarching theme for his talks: "it's all about them." Bruce instructs your audience members to focus on their customers, not their products or services, helping them to open their minds and discover their creativity. Drawing from his 30-plus years of ad agency experience, Bruce helps your audiences understand how to make their brands attractive to their customers, as well as how innovation can differentiate them from their competitors.
Bruce is captivating and insightful on stage. His unique presentations combine engaging wit, creative insights, thought-provoking ideas and smoking hot notes on his harmonica.
Satisfied audiences from Bruce's talks at MIT, Harvard, CHRIS and TEDx, and attendees at hundreds of corporate and industry events all agree that Bruce's message, entertainment value, and inspiration stick around long after the session is over. That's when your participants go back to work and think… differently.
Bruce was recently listed within the World's Top 30 Brand Professionals for 2021 by Global Gurus.
- Is That All There Is? How organizations can shift from The Great Resignation to The Great Retention
FORTUNE Magazine says the Great Resignation stunned business owners and employers. Today nearly two-thirds of U.S. workers are looking to change jobs or leave the workforce.
“Researchers have revealed turnover patterns that explain why so many are quitting in droves right now. Employers looking to stop the exodus should pay attention: Much of the onus is on them to give workers better reasons to stay. Research has shown that people tend to quit their jobs after experiencing a turnover shock: a life event that precipitates self-reflection… Shocks can be positive… or negative. Or they can be global catastrophes like COVID-19 that upend every aspect of daily life.”
Real estate professionals call these the Seven Ds—Divorce, Downsizing, Disease, Disability, Disaster, Debt, and Death. Besides the blessings of a larger family or greater income, they are the main reasons people sell their homes and move. They can also be the reasons why people decide to ditch their careers or their lifestyles, especially if you add two more Ds—Dissatisfaction and Disappointment.
Bruce Turkel explored this in his latest book, Is That All There Is‽ Bruce interviewed people who successfully pivoted to understand why, when, and how they changed their lives. His stories will clearly demonstrate how you and your company can move from uncertainty to clarity.
Your audiences will learn:
• Why workers are leaving their jobs in record numbers.
• What employers can do to stop the exodus and retain their people.
• How purpose drives retention in the new world of work.
• Proven ways to move from uncertainty to clarity in your business and your life.
- All About Them
Less than 10 years ago the key to selling yourself was to promote how great you were. If you didn’t blow your horn, who would? And unless you could afford a robust advertising campaign, selling yourself was the only way anyone could learn about you.
Today everything’s changed. Today we each carry a thin wafer of silicon and glass that gives us immediate access to all the world’s knowledge. And all of your potential clients and customers have access to this same technology. This means they can know everything about you before they even step into your business.
Success today requires you to turn the lens around and focus relentlessly on your customer.
Bruce’s wildly entertaining presentation includes fascinating examples from Johann Sebastian Bach to The Wizard of Oz, from Andy Warhol’s excess to the Toyota Prius’ success, from the history of the Spanish Civil War to headlines ripped right out of today’s paper.
Your audiences will be enlightened, entertained, and educated by Bruce’s talk. They’ll come away thanking you for a great event AND a great plan for their future. And your audiences will learn:
How to uncover the motivations of today’s consumer.
• The real leadership difference between features and benefits.
• The critical difference between content and context, and how it can multiply your sales.
• The special sales secrets that are hidden in plain sight.
• Why the traditional “Speeds & Feeds” sales strategy does not work anymore.
- Building Your Brand Value
Learn the seven simple steps to building, maintaining, and communicating a great brand. Bruce provides entertaining anecdotes and real-world examples to illustrate the finer points of brand building. Add significant value to your products by making your products more valuable to your customers.
In this talk, your audiences will learn:
• Why your brand is not about your company and why understanding this matters more than anything else you do.
• The critical secret to move your brand from company-centric to consumer-centric.
• How to determine your authentic truth and why it’s more important than the function of your products or services.
- Defining Your Brand
BMW defines its brand essence with four words. Nike, GE and Wal-Mart use three.
Barack Obama sold the most powerful product in the world with two: “Hope” and “Change.”
In this multi-media speech, Bruce Turkel shows you how to reduce your brand message to its most practical, actionable, and compelling essence.
While they’re laughing, your audiences will also be learning:
• The three universal branding myths that are holding your company back.
• The simple difference that sets all great brands apart, and
• How to develop this game-changing difference for your brand.
- You Don’t Need Social Media: You Need a Strategy
You don’t need social media. You don't need a website. You don't need mobile. You need a strategy.
Before you create noise, you’ve got to know what you’re creating noise about and why anyone should care.
Bruce Turkel shows his audiences exactly how to build their brands online. He will show you how to take the best tools, tips, and techniques from the analog world and move them online where they will generate global interest and response.
• Why an unfocused online presence is like a tree falling in a forest.
• The danger of GMOOTs and how to avoid their traps.
• How to build a powerful brand that will make a difference online.
• How to tailor your message for each of the different social media.
• How to get the most bang for your buck and increase the echo effect.